Where Do Slip and Falls Occur?
Published in Personal Injury,slip and fall accidents on August 12, 2019.
Slip and fall accidents are extremely common accidents that often lead to serious injuries. A slip and fall can happen nearly anywhere, but there are several places that these dangerous accidents happen most frequently. When you hear the term slip and fall, it may not strike fear in your heart, but these accidents can be surprisingly serious. If someone else’s negligence causes you to be injured in a slip and fall accident, seek the experienced legal counsel of a knowledgeable Macon slip and fall attorney today.
Slip and Fall Accidents Happen, and the Dangers Are Real
The statistics forwarded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as they relate to slip and falls verify how serious these accidents can be, including:
- About one in five slip and fall accidents lead to serious injuries such as broken bones or head injuries.
- Every year, more than 800,000 people are hospitalized due to falls.
- Falls are the most common cause of traumatic brain injuries (TBIs).
Slip and fall accidents are serious accidents that should never be discounted.
Grocery Stores and Slip and Falls
While a slip and fall accident can happen literally anywhere, grocery stores see more than their fair share. Grocery stores (and other shopping venues, such as malls) see a lot of foot traffic, and when they aren’t well maintained, slip and falls can result. For example:
- Grocery stores are prone to slippery spills and leaks in the aisles, which can lead to slip and fall accidents.
- Grocery stores that don’t receive regular maintenance can pose dangerous tripping hazards related to uneven, worn, torn, or frayed flooring.
- Grocery stores that aren’t adequately monitored and cleaned can have debris in the aisles that pose tripping hazards.
- Grocery store displays that jut into the common area can become tripping hazards.
Trip and Fall Accidents at Work and School
Trip and fall accidents are also common in the workplace. While falls are an obvious source of concern for jobs such as construction work, dangerous falls can also happen in offices and schools. Loose wires, worn flooring, inadequate handrails on stairs, poorly tended entryways, unkempt grounds, and more can contribute to slip and fall accidents on the job – and/or at school.
You go to the gym to maintain your health, but gyms are commonly associated with dangerous trip and fall accidents. Any number of factors can contribute to falls at the gym, including:
- Faultily maintained treadmills
- Poorly kept common areas
- Wet and slippery locker room floors
- Uneven, worn, and torn walkways and workout areas
If You’ve Been Injured in a Slip and Fall, Consult with an Experienced Macon Slip and Fall Attorney Today
Slip and fall accidents happen, and they are surprisingly dangerous. If someone else’s negligence causes you to be injured in a slip and fall accident, the dedicated slip and fall attorneys at Nelson & Smith Attorneys at Law in Macon, Georgia, are on your side. Our experienced legal team has the skill, knowledge, and commitment to aggressively advocate for the compensation to which you are entitled, so please contact or call us at (478) 746-1468 today.