Slip and Fall Lawyer In Tifton, GA
Slip and fall accidents often take people by surprise. Many times, these accidents are caused by a dangerous event that may have been prevented. If you have been hurt from someone else’s negligence, it is important to seek compensation. At Nelson & Smith, we have worked with numerous victims of slip and fall accidents. When you need a Tifton slip and fall lawyer, look no further than us.
What are the Most Common Slip and Fall Accidents?
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, more than a million slip and fall injuries happen each year. Approximately 60 percent occur within the retail and service industries. Over 20 percent of falls cause moderate or severe harm. Although many things may lead to a slip and fall accident, here are the most common circumstances.
- Weather Conditions. Icy, rainy, or snowy conditions may cause a person to slip and fall.
- Wet or Uneven Surfaces. The National Floor Safety Institute has reported that 55 percent of slip and fall accidents result from hazardous walking conditions, including uneven sidewalks, faulty steps, torn carpeting, or wet and cluttered floors.
- Workplace Negligence. When a worker is not trained correctly or is forced to work on hazardous surfaces, slip and falls may occur.
- Negligence in Nursing Homes. Elderly people tend to lose their balance easily. When they are in nursing facilities, it is expected that they receive top care. This includes providing assistance to patients while they are moving. When improper monitoring occurs, individuals may slip and fall.
Common Injuries from Slip and Fall Accidents
There are many injuries that may result after a slip and fall accident. Here are some of the most common.
- Pulled Muscles
- Sprained Ankles or Wrists
- Fractured or Broken Bones
- Back Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Head and Neck Injuries
A slip and fall accident may be minor or extremely serous. In severe cases, a person may experience terrible pain and physical impairment. During this time, medical bills will begin to mount. Living in pain may cause emotional trauma and depression as well. Also, injuries may lead to the inability to work, which means loss of income. This can make matters even worse and may affect the entire family. If your injury was a result of another person’s negligence, it is essential to seek compensation.
How an Experienced Attorney Can Help with a Slip and Fall Case
If you have been injured from a slip and fall, it is essential to seek medical treatment and meet with a qualified attorney. A legal professional will understand the best way to prove liability and fight for fair compensation. At the beginning, an attorney will determine the cause of your accident. The entire scene of the incident will be investigated. At that point, it will be possible to determine who was negligent.
An experienced slip and fall lawyer will properly document any lost income and organize all of your medical bills. After careful review, a lawyer will estimate your total pain and suffering and deal with insurance companies so that you receive the best outcome.
Consult with Nelson & Smith for Your Slip and Fall Case
At Nelson & Smith, we have helped numerous slip and fall accident victims gain fair compensation for their injuries. If you have been harmed, it is important that you heal without the added worries of forming a legal case alone. We will shoulder your burdens and help you get through your physical and emotional pain. We will fight for a fair settlement or represent you in court so that you receive the best outcome possible. When you want experience on your side, call us for a consultation.