Swimming Pool Accidents and Injuries
Published in Uncategorized on June 28, 2021.
Swimming pool accidents can result in many types of injuries, including fatal drowning. If you or your child suffered injuries due to hazards at a swimming pool, you should discuss the matter with a Macon premises liability attorney.
Many people of all ages try to escape the summer heat in Macon by going to the pool – whether it is a private homeowner’s pool, facilities at a country club, or a public pool. While this is a popular and fun summer activity, some people have a seemingly routine swimming excursion turn into a nightmare when a swimming pool accident occurs.
Swimming pool accidents are often the result of negligence on the part of the pool owner, and such parties should be held liable for any injuries and losses that others suffer. If you or your child sustained injuries in a pool accident, you should discuss what happened with a Macon premises liability attorney right away.
Pool Owner Negligence
If you are a pool owner or manager, you have important responsibilities to keep any visitors safe from harm. Pools can be hazards that result in injuries, and it is important for owners to take steps to prevent unsafe premises in the pool area whenever possible.
The following are only some of many ways that pool owners can be negligent and lead to accidents and injuries:
- Not having proper barriers around the pool and a gate that latches or locks
- Having surfaces in and around the pool that are sharp or would discourage people from putting their feet down or holding onto the side of the pool
- Failing to maintain diving boards or having diving boards in a pool that is not deep enough
- Not having proper warning signs, rules, and depth markers
- Leaving items on the pool deck that can cause people to trip and fall into the pool
- Misuse of chemicals that cause skin or eye damage
- Not complying with all regulations regarding drains and drain covers
- Having ladders that might break or fail to support enough weight
Any of the above can lead to serious swimming pool accidents that can change the lives of victims and their families.
Swimming Pool Injuries
When you first think of swimming pool accidents, you might immediately think of drowning, which is fatal. Drowning accidents are a leading cause of accidental death for young children, though people of any age can drown. If someone you love died in a drowning accident caused by hazards at someone else’s pool, you might be able to file a wrongful death claim.
Other possible injuries include:
- Anoxic or hypoxic brain injuries from near-drowning
- Chemical exposure injuries
- Injuries from slip and falls
- Head injuries or lacerations from diving board accidents
If a pool owner was negligent and you or your child suffered injuries, you have the right to seek compensation. Premises liability laws hold property owners liable for dangerous conditions on their premises, and swimming pools are no different.
Contact Our Macon Premises Liability Lawyers for More Information
At Nelson & Smith, Attorneys at Law, we know it can be difficult to prove negligence on the part of swimming pool owners. We handle every step of the insurance claim process, and we can file a premises liability lawsuit if needed. Call (478) 746-1468 or contact us online to learn more about how our Macon premises liability attorneys can assist you.