Request Your Free
We assess the strengths and weaknesses of each case and will help you determine if you have a case.
Macon Back and Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyers
Legal Experience Fighting on Behalf of Spinal Cord Injury Victims in Dublin, Macon, and Hawkinsville, Georgia
An injury to the back or spinal cord can be devastating and has the potential to permanently disable someone. If you’ve suffered a back or spinal cord injury through any type of workplace incident or car accident, Nelson & Smith Attorneys at Law knows how damaging these injuries can be; their effects extend well beyond physical pain.
We consult top medical specialists to understand the full extent of our clients’ injuries. The severity of a spinal cord or back injury could jeopardize the victim’s ability to work and hinder the enjoyment they find in their personal life. The emotional toll these injuries take is immense, and our Macon Back and Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyers provide compassionate and comprehensive legal counsel for all of our clients who have suffered a back or spinal injury.
Short and Long-Term Expense
A spinal injury doesn’t just impede your immediate ability to work. A serious injury may prevent you from ever working again. Unfortunately, this type of injury typically ends careers, hinders future employment, and may necessitate permanent care and various types of therapies.
Workers’ compensation claims can be complicated, but our team knows how to compile and thoroughly research any type of work injury case. However, the effects of these injuries will cost well more than any workers’ compensation program can possibly provide. Many victims are unaware of other types of compensation that can help ease their financial burden, like additional claims.
Beyond the immediate life changes that accompany a back or spinal injury, the long-term effects of spinal injuries can include:
- Chronic back pain. Once your immediate injury heals to the point of being able to function again, you may have to endure chronic aches and pains that often accompany injuries of this nature.
- Herniated discs. The pads between the vertebrae cushion the bones from rubbing against one another and keep the spine flexible. Ruptured or “slipped” discs will cause pinched nerves, which can be excruciatingly painful and potentially weaken and numb that section of the spine.
- Paraplegia/Quadriplegia. The loss of the use of one’s limbs is not only physically debilitating, but emotionally traumatic. People who must adjust to the loss of their legs (paraplegia) take a long time to become accustomed to using a wheelchair. Some spinal injuries leave the victim unable to use any of their limbs (quadriplegia) and can result in feelings of helplessness, dependence upon others for basic life functions, and the loss of the ability to provide for one’s family.
- Paralysis. Sometimes, the resulting loss of function from a spinal cord injury doesn’t extend to the limbs. Partial or total paralysis may be possible, leaving the victim unable to function or feel sensations in certain parts of the body. This is enormously debilitating and leaves the victim unable to work or care for him or herself.
- Permanent damage to the spine and back. Back injuries require delicate healing processes. Sometimes, the damage can never be fully repaired. Although victims in these situations are usually able to retain their autonomy and continue basic life functions, they may require regular physical therapy, medications, medical treatments, or specialized equipment to carry on their daily lives.
Injuries to the spine and back are debilitating and painful; they can have effects that last a lifetime. Nelson & Smith Attorneys at Law provides compassionate legal counsel that will navigate your workers’ compensation claims, then exhaust every possible channel to find any other compensation possible to ease your financial and emotional burden.
If you’ve suffered a back or spinal injury and believe you potentially have a legal case, or if you simply have questions for experienced Macon Back and Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyers, contact the law offices of Nelson & Smith to start a case review.