Hawkinsville, GA Car Accident Lawyer
In the United States, car accidents happen every day, and you never know when one will interrupt your life. In 2015, over 235 million people were injured with 37,000 fatalities according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration or the NHTSA. In Georgia, as well as throughout the country, the numbers have increased in both 2015 and 2016 with more fatalities, injuries, DUIs and distracted drivers leading the causes of auto accidents.
This increase in injuries and fatalities during the past few years is unnerving because, on the average, 81 percent of Americans drive their vehicle every day whether to the store, to work or to pick up the kids at school. America is a mobile country, and most people don’t even consider being involved in a crash, but the numbers don’t lie. These rising statistics make it challenging to be prepared as you never know what the other drivers are doing. Drivers must drive defensively and always be prepared for the unexpected.
If you or someone in your family has been injured in a car crash in Georgia, there are several steps to take in order to ensure you and your passengers are taken care of.
- At the scene of the crash, obtain the other drivers’ name and insurance company. Take many pictures on your cell phone of the vehicles, the environment, even the badge of the officer that responded to the call.
- If you have suffered injuries of any degree, obtain a doctor’s report from your family doctor or the Emergency Room. All this information will be extremely helpful if you were not at fault.
- Contact an experienced and skilled Hawkinsville GA Car Accident Lawyer to discuss the details of the accident and to learn your rights.
Nelson and Smith is a well-known Hawkinsville GA Car Accident Lawyer firm that has brought satisfaction and success to thousands of cases where their clients had been injured in car crashes. Hawkinsville is located in the seat of Pulaski County, which is in the center of the state of Georgia making their law firm convenient for Georgia citizens. Civil and criminal statutes are subject to state laws, so clients may come from around the state.
If you or a family member has been injured in a car crash that was not your fault, you will need an experienced attorney to recover the loss that you have incurred. Here are several points to consider when selecting a Hawkinsville GA Car Accident Lawyer:
- Inquire about their credentials. Find out how long the lawyer been practicing law, and if they have had numerable successes in handling cases that are similar to yours?
- Are you comfortable with the lawyer, and do they seem interested in your case? You will be sharing personal information with them throughout the case.
- Inquire about the cost. Most reputable personal injury attorneys require payment after the client has received compensation, but you should know whether the fees are hourly or a flat rate and if the Hawkinsville GA Car Accident Lawyer can offer you an estimate.
Serious accidents are never expected. They interrupt your life bringing trauma and chaos for all involved with medical appointments, bills, vehicle reconstruction, missed time from work and extended therapy and treatment. Not to mention, the mental and emotional anguish that is involved. National insurance companies will pay only 60 percent of the costs that you will now have. Nelson and Smith, established and experienced Hawkinsville GA Car Accident Lawyers, will contend for the total cost of the loss that you have incurred and expect to have in the future. They are determined to recover 100 percent for their clients.
If you have been injured in any type of vehicle crash in Georgia that was not your fault, contact Nelson and Smith for a free consultation to discuss the details of the crash and learn your rights. We are aware that this is a difficult time for you, and we will do everything possible to reduce your stress and bring success to your legal dilemma.